Passport Renewal Requirements In Uganda
What is a Passport? A passport is an official document issued by a government, certifying the holder’s identity and citizenship and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.
Requirements For Renewal Of Uganda Passport
1. Fill in Passport Form G.
2. Recommendation letter from a Professional known to the applicant, e.g, a teacher, Doctor Lawyer, Civil Servant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
3. Recommender must attach a photocopy of his/her National ID and sign on it
4. Attach photocopies of the old passport, Pages 45 and 47.
5. In the event you are making any changes, change of profession, names due to marital status, you will be required to attach the relevant legal proof of changes.
6. Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications, UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
7. If you have a profession or making changes in your profession, ensure to attach a photocopy of your academic transcript or certificate
How much is Uganda Passport express?
The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for Ordinary Passports and UGX 150,000 for Express Processing making the total of UGX400,000), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports.
How long does it take to get a renewed Passport Uganda?
After lodging the application the a new passport will be ready for collection at the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices after 2 working days if express processing or 10 working days ordinary processing.
How much is passport renewal fee in Uganda?
The fee is UGX 250,000, Bank Charges exclusive for replacement of your Passport.